Cheddar Chive Buttermilk Scones
Recipe courtesy of Rachel Oliver
- 12 oz flour - what to call it?
- 1.8 oz sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4.6 oz butter, cold
- 2.5 oz sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 oz chives, minced
- 6 fl oz buttermilk
- Whisk all dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Cut in cold butter until the pieces are about pea-sized.
- Add cheese and chives, mix until evenly distributed.
- Add buttermilk. Mix just until the ingredients are thoroughly mixed and the dough comes together.
- Turn out on a table and knead about 4-6 times.
- Press or roll the dough into a circle about 8 inches in diameter. Cut into 8 wedges.
- Place on a try with parchment paper and bake at 375 degrees F for about 18-24 minutes.